Below is a guide as to how it is possible to turn your Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro into a WIFI-hotspot eg. for your Ipad.
Disclamer: You need to root your phone. Read all about the consequences of this action on the Internet before you proceed. The below guide worked for me this doesn’t mean that it will work for you.
- On your phone check “debbuging mode” on Setting > Applications > Development
- You need to download an install Flashtool.
- Go to the folder, where Flashtool gets installed eg. C:\Flashtool\drivers and run Flashtool-drivers.exe to install the correct drivers for Flashtool.
- Install the correct drivers for your Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro.
- Start Flashtool.
- Connect your phone to your computer via the USB-cabel and Flashtool will recognize it.
- When Flashtool is ready press the open padlock symbol.
- Flashtool now roots your Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro and reboots it.
- After that you will now be able to see the SuperUser icon on your phone.
- Go to Android Marked and download ‘Barnacle Wifi Tether’ (http://szym.net/barnacle/).
- You probably need to press the ‘Associate’-button in ‘Barnacle Wifi Tether’ on your phone a couple of times when you are connecting with the Ipad before it connects. When it connects ‘Barnacle Wifi Tether’ will notify you and show your connection under ‘Clients’.
I have tried using the WEP-encryption. I doesn’t seem to be able to connect very well. You have to press the “Associate”-button a lot of times. If you leave the connection unencrypted it seems to connect very well. BUT this leaves you with a security issue!
In the settings for ‘Barnacle Wifi Tether’ it is possible to choose ‘Auto Associate’ it will auto associates every 5 seconds until a client connects.